Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Makeup Bag

There are a few basics you'll need for your makeup bag. If you have one already, you probably have everything you need. Scroll down a little bit to see what I have in my makeup bag for cosplay (or fun, whichever you prefer to use those things for).

Basics of a Makeup Bag
  • Foundation/BB Cream
    • Foundation will even out your skin tone. It might feel a little thick, especially if you're applying it with your fingers. Try to choose one close to your skin tone. You can always opt out for BB Cream.
    • BB Cream is like a lighter foundation that also helps your skin (SPF, some whiten, improve skin tone, etc.). There are a lot of options out there, but I suggest avoiding American brands (Garnier, Maybellene, etc.) because they have a lot of chemicals in them. (Not to mention, Garnier has a nasty reaction to my face. I have heard good things about it, but maybe avoid it if you have sensitive skin.) Dr. Jart and BRTC are a good way to go, I hear.
  • Concealer
    • This will help cover up any acne or blemishes that may be on your face. I currently use a cover stick and it covers really well. Just dot a little bit on and blend as well as you can.
  • Blush
    • After adding foundation, your face will have evened out but it will look a little dead. Find a blush color that is right for you, preferably one that is close to your natural blush shade. (Such as after a workout or just pinching your cheeks a little bit.)
  • Nude eyeshadow
    • Normally, eyeshadows come in quads. By nude, I essentially mean a quad that comes in three shades of brown (light, medium, and dark) and another color.
  • Lipstick/Lipstain/Lip gloss
    • I actually didn't use any lipstick I had. I liked the colored gloss, which works as well as lip stick and doesn't feel as thick. It's all up to you.
  • Mascara
    • Just get black, no matter what your hair color. Black is the way to go, unless you want some awesome funky looks.

Cosplay Makeup Bag
  • Eyeshadow Primer
    • I use this to help the eyeshadow colors stay longer and look more pigmented. I'm still using my ELF primer and it has been working fine for me. :)
  • Eyeshadow Palette
    • I love my Coastal Scents eyeshadow palette. It has a wide variety of colors and the pigmentation is good for its price. It helps create a variety of looks for a great price. (Especially if you don't want to pay a lot for stage makeup.)
  • Lip Palette
    • My lip palette (that I got from a friend as a gift) has a good range of nude and red lip colors. There are also a few blues and clear colors, but I mostly use the nude colors. Again, this is a great way to increase the number of looks you can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment